Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Tomorrowland 4 disc pack for Disney Infinity 3.0

Power discs have always been an issue for the Disney Infinity Collector. The smartest move Disney made was making the Series 2 power discs in Disney Infinity 1.0 available in a complete book. Here at Muppets, Monsters, and Magic, we didn't hesitate to get it. Most of the fun of Disney Infinity happens in the toy box and that's where we spend the majority of our time.  New terrain, skies, power-ups, vehicles, and weapons make the experience that much more fun and diverse.

However, obtaining all the power discs in near impossible. Still missing many from 1.0, series 3 and out of the 100 or more discs I have from 2.0, I never once got an Ant-Man! Now tell me, after spending hundreds of dollars and buying tons of packs, you are telling me I can't ever get the complete collection? I've gotten more "Rare" discs than I have the "Common" Ant-Man disc.

But now, Disney Infinity 3.0 will be selling its power discs in themed four-packs based on Disney properties or special events. Retailing at $9.99, each disc is clearly marked, and there’s no chance of doubles. Same price for 4 discs with NO repeats! I can get behind this. I don't like throwing my money away for a blind pack to discover I already have 6 Winter Soldier power discs, but I am will to spend my money on the entire collection presented in the 4 packs.



The Tomorrowland Power Disc Pack comes with discs:
  • The Retro Ray Gun will give players a blast from the past feel with a crimson and gold retro-futuristic weapon (weapon)
     
  • Tomorrowland Time Bomb will unleash a powerful shockwave and temporarily freeze your opposition in time (weapon)
  • Tomorrowland Stratosphere allows you to transform the Toy Box with amazing vista from the futuristic world of Tomorrowland (sky)
  • Tomorrowland Futurescape will allow players to experience the utopian city of Tomorrowland (terrain)
With Tomorrowland releasing this Friday it seems fitting this would be the first power disc pack announced. Hot toys also just announced it will be featuring Tomorrowland Sixth Scale figures in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment